The Women in Golf Charter was originally launched in May of this year the R&A. It aims to inspire an industry-wide commitment to a more inclusive culture, enabling women and girls to flourish and reach their potential at all levels of the sport.
Growing the women and girls’ game is also central to the Wales Golf strategy ‘Everyone’s Game, Anywhere’ and we want to bring about real change in golf, with greater gender diversity at every level of the sport
The Women in Golf Charter specifically aims to:
- Strengthen the focus on gender balance and provide a united position for the golf industry
- Commit national federations and organisations to support measures targeted at increasing participation of women, girls, and families in golf
- Call on signatories to take positive action to support the recruitment, retention, and progression of women working at all levels of the sport
- Set individual targets for national federations for participation and membership and annual reporting of progress
- Develop an inclusive environment for women and girls within golf
Please click on the link to view the Promotional Video for the charter.
We are strongly encouraging clubs to sign up to the Women in Golf Charter, as a pledge of your support to develop the game in Wales and to embrace a more inclusive culture in golf.
To sign up to the Charter you would need to create:
- Statement of intent of what your club aims to achieve
- Set of goals no matter how big or small, as long as they set out to achieve aims in your pledge.
You can also find examples of the ‘statements of intent’ and actions of existing signatories on the R&A website https://www.randa.org/TheRandA/Initiatives/WomenAndGirls
Please remember we are here to help. If you require further information or need support or further ideas in writing your pledge please contact us. We will also support you in working towards achieving your aims in the future
We look forward to working with you in the future.