Job Title: Community Golf Development Officer (West & Mid Wales)
Salary: £19,000 – £23,000
Location: Based from home or local facility, and occasional visits require to the Wales Golf Offices
2 year fixed term contract: average 35 hrs per week. The post holder will be required to work additional hours at peak times during the year to meet the needs of Wales Golf
We are the national governing body for amateur golf. Our vision is to make ‘Golf Everyone’s game, anywhere. We aim to create an environment in Wales where golf is safe and accessible for everyone to play and enjoy. Our values are to be real, innovative, people centered and operate with excellence.
An exciting job opportunity has arisen within Wales Golf, and we are now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate who is energetic, dynamic, driven and versatile for the role of a Community Golf Development Officer. This role requires an enthusiastic, team worker who is a great communicator, has the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, and who has the ability to self-manage with minimal supervision.
Reporting to the Director of Development the post holder will:
Work with key partners and golf clubs to grow the sport in Wales
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the current WG strategy
- Assist clubs in becoming more visible in the community
- Coordination and delivery of community-based schemes
- Work with key partners and Local Authorities to encourage golf to be included in all their programmes
- Work with clubs and key partners to help increase club membership and increase opportunities in the sport
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteer and coaches
- Provide advice and guidance to the volunteer workforce.
- Represent WG at appropriate events and forums as required
- Ensure that the principles of inclusivity are applied to all aspects of work; providing high quality opportunities for all participants, members, coaches and volunteers
If you have the knowledge, desire and passion to contribute to the success of this exciting project, can help us deliver our strategic goals and want the chance to join our vibrant development team please download the full role description and person specification from our website (www.walesgolf.org) and go to the about us section.
To apply please complete and return the application from and equal opportunities monitoring form (no CVs please) and email for the attention of email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th October 2021
Interviews take place: 9th November 2021
Wales Golf is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
There is also the possibility that the contract could be extended beyond the two year period.
To view the full Job Description please click here
For an Application Form please click here
To complete the Equality Monitoring form please click here