WALES GOLF – COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2020
Member Clubs in the following electoral areas are invited to submit nominations for Council Members:-
- Denbighshire & Flintshire
- Dyfed/Mid Wales
There are no vacancies in the following electoral area:-
- Caernarfonshire & Anglesey
The following documents can be download by clicking on the links below: –
- A table indicating in which Electoral Areas elections will be required.
- The Role of a Wales Golf Council Member
- Appendix 3 of the GUW’s Articles of Association, which identifies which district/electoral area each club is in
- Nomination Form – with the exception of Caernarfonshire & Anglesey where there are no vacancies
The following can be obtained from the Wales Golf website at http:/www.walesgolf.org/council-elections/ or by contacting the Wales Golf office on 01633 436040.
- A copy of the Procedural Arrangements governing Golf Union of Wales Limited. (amended 22nd September 2016)
- A copy of the GUW’s Articles of Association. (amended 22nd September 2016)
As indicated in the Electoral Regulations nominations must be submitted to the Wales Golf office by 30th November 2019. Regulations provide for candidates to submit a pen portrait/election address of not more than 200 words, this must be submitted either with the respective nomination or by no later than 1st December 2019.
Voting forms will be sent to member clubs by 15th December 2019 and the deadline for voting forms to be received at the Wales Golf office will be 1st February 2020.
The election shall be by postal ballot and Clubs shall vote only for candidates nominated for the district/electoral area in which they are situated.
If you require any further information on the election process please do not hesitate to contact me.
Chief Executive, Wales Golf