COVID-19 Winter Resilience and Sustainability Fund
Provided by The R&A
Wales Golf – COVID-19 Winter Resilience and Sustainability Fund
The R&A has made £205,000 available, administered by Wales Golf, to support clubs in dealing with the pandemic.
Only clubs affiliated to Wales Golf can apply for this via the link below with a deadline of 30th September 2020.
The Fund is limited, and demand will be high, however, a fair application and assessment process has been put in place to identify the strongest applications based on need, sustainability, impact of the project and previous commitment and engagement to growing the game.
The Fund is to provide financial help and support clubs to build resilience and improve sustainability through the winter months and beyond. It is focused on improving and adapting current operations to create the best possible experience for golfers, while also planning for the future.
Each club/facility may apply for a grant of between £2,000 to £10,000.
Clubs applying will be asked to commit to Wales Golf’s policies on safeguarding and equality plus other essential criteria, all of which are important to the growth of the game.
Clubs applying must read the club guidance here as well as the supporting Q&A document here before completing the online application form. When completing the online application form, please save your progress as you advance.
Our Development team on hand to support clubs through the process.
Clubs will need to demonstrate:
- Need – there is a clear financial need, and the fund is required to make the project/ areas happen.
- Sustainability – planned approach to recover and strengthen the business, with the ability to adapt and attract additional income sources.
- Impact – the potential results of investing, showing commitment to inclusion, diversity and the development of the game.
- Previous engagement with Wales Golf activities.
- They meet the eligibility criteria as outlined below.
- Other grants have not supported areas in the application