Women in Golf Charter
The Women in Golf Charter intends to inspire an industry-wide commitment to developing a more inclusive culture within golf around the world and enable more women and girls to flourish and maximise their potential at all levels of the sport.
Adoption of the Charter requires national federations and other golf bodies to build on and develop initiatives which will focus on encouraging more women and girls to play golf and stay within the sport as members of clubs, while also empowering women to enjoy successful careers working within the golf industry.
The Women in Golf Charter specifically aims to:
- Strengthen the focus on gender balance and provide a united position for the golf industry
- Commit national federations and organisations to support measures targeted at increasing participation of women, girls and families in golf
- Call upon signatories to take positive action to support the recruitment, retention and progression of women working at all levels of the sport
- Set individual targets for national associations for participation and membership and reporting progress annually
- Develop an inclusive environment for women and girls within golf.
If your club would like more information about signing up to the Women in Golf Charter, please contact
Simon Lu, Wales Golf Women and Girls Coordinator on 07760 33 33 31 or Email email@example.com
The Charter aims to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
Signatories vary in size and resources, they operate across diverse territories and their operations cover different aspects of the golf industry. In signing the Charter, each signatory commits to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women.
Congratulations to the following clubs for leading the way in Wales and signing the Women in Golf Charter.