Women in Golf Charter
The Women in Golf Charter intends to inspire an industry-wide commitment to developing a more inclusive culture within golf around the world and enable more women and girls to flourish and maximise their potential at all levels of the sport.
Adoption of the Charter requires national federations and other golf bodies to build on and develop initiatives which will focus on encouraging more women and girls to play golf and stay within the sport as members of clubs, while also empowering women to enjoy successful careers working within the golf industry.
The Women in Golf Charter specifically aims to:
- Strengthen the focus on gender balance and provide a united position for the golf industry
- Commit national federations and organisations to support measures targeted at increasing participation of women, girls and families in golf
- Call upon signatories to take positive action to support the recruitment, retention and progression of women working at all levels of the sport
- Set individual targets for national associations for participation and membership and reporting progress annually
- Develop an inclusive environment for women and girls within golf.
We have created a step-by-step guide for clubs and counties to become a charter signatory:
- Download the toolkit
- Register your interest in becoming a Women in Golf Charter signatory by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download your Charter pledge template & Charter action plan template
- Formulate your charter commitments using the club guidance document.
- Share your draft with your Club development Officer who will help finalise your charter.
- Once completed, Wales Golf will send you a certificate and branding to demonstrate your Charter signatory status. We will also provide further support & regular reviews to help deliver your commitments.
If you have any feedback or questions contact email@example.com
Signatories vary in size and resources, they operate across diverse territories and their operations cover different aspects of the golf industry. In signing the Charter, each signatory commits to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women.