PlayMoreGolf is the latest business to join Wales Golf’s Preferred Partner network. Over 140 golf clubs across the UK (on average 10-12 new clubs per month) choose PlayMoreGolf to host, operate and market their flexible membership category. Golf clubs use PlayMoreGolf proven platform to build their own flexible points-based category without having the concern of administrating or cost of marketing the membership category themselves.
Once the club have built their bespoke category, PlayMoreGolf then deliver marketing activity to generate the golf club on average 25-40 new membership enquiries per month. PlayMoreGolf links clubs across the UK and golfers simply join online, choose their preferred home club, and receive 100 points for an annual subscription. Of this, 80 points will be used at home and 20 can be used at the members home club or at the other 140+ PlayMoreGolf partner clubs. Currently over 10 golf clubs in Wales work with PlayMoreGolf.
- Average age of a member is 17 years younger than average full 5/7 day member
- Average member only plays 8-10 rounds per year
- Average member only uses 50-55% of their ‘points’ during each year
- 8% of the time a PlayMoreGolf member upgrades to ‘Full Membership’
- 65% of golf will be played at off peak times (after 1pm)
- Average member retention rate of 83% in 2018
- Yield/Value per round is often 3-4 time more valuable than a clubs 5/7 day member
Wales Golf affiliated clubs receive a discount of over 30% and receive a 100% profit guarantee on their partner fee