Steps Challenge – October
- Following the success of our Summer Junior Steps Challenge, Wales Golf is running a second, virtual competition encouraging club members to complete the ‘most rounds’ played during the month of October 2023.
This Steps challenge is open to ALL members of the golf club, with Male, Female and Junior Prizes to be won.
All handicap qualifying scores recorded including General Play and Competition will be assigned a number of steps (9 holes = 5,000 steps) or (18 holes =10,000 steps).
Golf clubs are encouraged to run fun competitions, or get members to submit handicap qualifying scores during the month to inspire golfers to get out onto the course and keep playing ahead of the Winter Months.
Please note: For rounds to be registered for the Step Challenge they must be part of your club’s membership database on the WHS Clubhouse system so that their cards can be counted
A few useful reminders
- A player can be added to the WHS Clubhouse system before they have a handicap.
- Your players can use the Wales Golf app to submit general play scores before OR after they have got their first handicap. For those without a handicap, once they have submitted three cards, they will then gain their first handicap.
For more info on the app click here
- Please make sure you input an accurate DOB for your junior members as this is the method through which the system recognises them as a junior.
- If a club has members who join or leave your club or are secondary members with you, please make sure your membership database reflects this accurately.