As part of our commitment to supporting clubs and in response to demand for this particular service, Wales Golf is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with Golf Management Group (GMG), providing all affiliated golf clubs free access to a dedicated buying group.
The Wales Golf Buying Group, in partnership with GMG, will harness the collective purchasing power of clubs to leverage significant discounts across a range of goods and service categories used by golf clubs. Our aim is to deliver cost savings for clubs and improve the services on offer to clubs from our group of suppliers.
Savings will vary depending on the areas each club chooses to review, but GMG would expect that clubs, which engage with its top six performing categories, could cut costs by over £10,000. The service will be opt-in, but we are encouraging all clubs to consider the many benefits of the Buying Group, including:
- Access to GMG’s internal teams, experts in their field who will benchmark your core areas of expenditure against our national price files and give you insight into best practice and the current trends in their sector.
- Access to Contracts Manager, an easy to use online management tool designed to show you all your service and utility contracts in one place.
- Clubs affiliated to Wales Golf will receive free GMG membership for a year – usually £149, which could help them make savings of more than £10,000. A similar partnership has been in place with England and Scottish Golf over the last couple of years with clubs collectively savings £100,000’s.
- Nefyn Golf Club saved 38% on their gas bills which equated to around a £4000 saving.
- Since starting, the group has saved over £22,900 for golf clubs across Wales.
To start saving click here and register your interest.
What categories of goods and services are available via the Buying Group?
The list of categories we operate in includes core areas:
- Waste Management
- Bar Supplies
Additional areas include:
- Golf Course Equipment
Don’t just take our word for it, hear some testimonials here:
See what Contracts Manager can do for you here: