Level 2 Inclusive Coaching
The aim of this workshop is to extend delegates’ knowledge and skills for coaching golf to disabled participants. Critically, by equipping them with a better understanding of the specifics of visual impairments, hearing impairments, mental health issues, special educational needs and learning disabilities. This workshop also aims to provide PGA Professionals with an opportunity to have technical coaching discussions with their peers, in relation to coaching golf to physically impaired participants, via a video analysis session. It looks to reinforce the inclusive message of the previous workshop (Inclusive Golf Coaching 1), but aims to help coaches provide more inclusive sessions by aiding coaches impairment specific understanding.
Workshop learning outcomes: By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- recognise and share best practice
- understand more about specific impairments and crucially be able to interpret what this information may mean in a golf coaching context
- be confident to deliver a more inclusive golf coaching session through their extended impairment specific knowledge
- understand that every disabled person is an individual and it is critical that their developed impairment specific understanding still allows them to see the person before the disability
- know where to go for further impairment specific information
Minimum Registration Requirements
Workshop requirements: This workshop can only be accessed by PGA Professionals who have previously attended an Inclusive Golf Coaching 1 workshop. Delegates should ideally be engaged in coaching golf to disabled people.
||0900 – 1500
We currently do not have any Level 1 courses planned but if you would like to register your interest for future courses, please click here:
The workshop aims to extend delegates’ knowledge and skills when coaching golf to disabled participants. This workshop aims to equip PGA Professionals and volunteers with the knowledge and confidence to support disabled people of all abilities in any coaching environment through an introduction to inclusivity. The workshop also aims to give PGA Professionals and volunteers an opportunity to put theory into practice during the practical coaching session delivered to disabled people as part of the workshop.
||0900 – 1500
If you have any queries or questions about the course or bookings please email here or contact email@example.com