Club Activators Course – Supporting introductory club activity’
An interactive & practical session for volunteers who support the PGA Coach to deliver activity within a golf facility.
‘Discover your role in enhancing the overall player experience.’
This new Activator Course is a collaboration across all the Home Nations, funded and supported by The R&A and endorsed by the PGA.
What will you get out of attending the course?
• Understanding of a person’s golfing journey and your role in making this a good experience.
• Develop your values when supporting participants to learn the game.
• Support making golf games and activities fun and adaptable.
• Find out about games-based learning and gain practical experience setting up and delivering games and skills sessions.
• Connection to the volunteer golf community
Who is this course for?
If one or more of these statements sounds like you then the course is for you:
• You’re new to helping out with activities for new golfers.
• You would like to get involved with supporting activities.
• You’re a parent or guardian who would like to help out in the right way.
• You’re a young volunteer, junior captain/vice-captain and would like to help your peers enjoy golf.
• You’re an existing volunteer who lacks the confidence to actively support the PGA Coach at your club.
• After attending a Young Leaders or Buddy Workshop, you are looking for the next stage of training.
You don’t need lots of golf knowledge or experience to attend, just a willingness to ‘help out’ at your club.
• The course lasts 3 hours and includes classroom-based learning and practical training. All our courses are delivered by a skilled tutor workforce and sessions are designed to be interactive and reflective.
• Delegates receive a certificate of attendance, a workbook and a set of games cards.
• The course is open to everyone 14 years and above. If your club/area would like to run a course for younger people, please get in touch.
• The course will not train you how to deliver technical coaching.
• Please come dressed for the practical element of the course and be ready for inclement weather.
Please note that you are required to pass SafeGolf Accreditation before obtaining this qualification.
This course is supported and funded by the R&A.
Therefore for a limited time, the subsidised course cost is £15 (reduced from £50).
Click here to download the Activator Development Information for Golf Clubs
More information is available from Theo Baker, Coach Education Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org